Nov 6, 2019
"The decision is made, the risks are weighed, and outcome HAPPENS. And you pivot or die."
(#84) Chicago-based David Jarczyk is Principal in KPMG LLP’s Tax Innovation group and the firm’s Tax Blockchain Leader, focusing on bridging the gap between technology/big data and business cases/user needs. He shares insights on his innovative work to foster and scale startup mindsets that can drive change right across large enterprises. We also hear how this model can be used for more than just Blockchain but for ANY technology that an organisation may be adopting or evaluating, and how this be used on a truly global scale.
How did you discover our podcast, where do you listen, and what would you like to hear more of? Finance pro or not, we'd love to know what you think. Email us here.
* some new understandings of what a ‘digital duplicate’ is,
* how this connects emerging technologies with an organisation’s existing and ongoing business needs,
* how Blockchain is just one of many enabling technologies that companies are needing to build on for the future,
* ways that this model can be used for more than just Blockchain – but for ANY technology that an organisation may be adopting or evaluating.
* the practical core: how to link all of this to the people without which none of these digital transformations will deliver on their full promise.
Before joining KPMG (Illinois, USA) as the lead Tax/Finance partner for the firm’s Blockchain initiative, David Jarczyk was a founder and CEO of a successful intellectual property technology company for 10 years, and founder and head of client services for an economics and valuation firm for the prior 5 years. He’s a true entrepreneur and economist – who is literally helping to transform the way a Big Four accounting firm approaches technology and helps its clients disrupt and improve their normal processes. Connect with him on LinkedIn.
LINKS WE MENTION.
* "Crossing The Chasm" by Thomas Moore.
* The Lean Startup" By Eric Reis.
MORE ABOUT OUR PODCAST.
The Voices. These conversations with expert guests are recorded by different members of the AICPA & CIMA team from our offices around the world. While the sound quality may vary, the insights will always be consistently useful.
Hear more. Get our shows every week automatically and free. Share them easily with colleagues and friends by using the icons on your app or media player.
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK.
Know someone who'd enjoy this topic? Click on these links to share this episode with colleagues and friends.
* Recommend it to your LinkedIn connections.
* Send to Twitter.
* Auto-share on your Facebook page.
* Let someone know via email.
©2019 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA & CIMA)