Aug 7, 2019
"Put yourself first. It's not selfish. It's the best thing you can do as a LEADER".
GBD70 After our guest's powerful presentation at AICPA ENGAGE 2019 in Las Vegas, we knew we had to share her passion and perspective here on the podcast. Texas-based Sarah Elliott is an influential CPA and business owner who has her heart set on giving other CPAs and women business owners in her region "permission to play". She talks about how we should do more than just manage our time: we should start managing our ENERGY. It's time for a new approach, rediscovering the fun, and using practical steps to put ourselves first, fight burnout and maximise impact.
How did you discover our podcast, where do you listen, and what would you like to hear more of? Finance pro or not, we'd love to know what you think. Email us here.
* Why our guest brought tears to the eyes of many accountants - in a good way.
* How to recognise the difference between stress and burnout, and what to do about them both.
* What's love got to do with it, anyway?
* A 4-step plan to reduce stress and maximise performance.
TAKE IT FURTHER:
* Our "Coaching versus Mentoring" online self-study course, explains the difference between the two so you can improve your own - and your organisation's - performance. (Fees may apply).
* Our "Planning for Self Care" seminar focuses on how managers, leaders, and business owners can align optimum performance with employee health and wellbeing.(Fees may apply).
* The Heart-Math Institute has free stress-busting resources
* Harvard Business Review "Making of a Corporate Athlete"
* Hal Elrod's book "The Miracle Morning".
MORE ABOUT OUR PODCAST.
The Voices. These conversations with expert guests are recorded by different members of the AICPA & CIMA team from our offices around the world. While the sound quality may vary, the insights will always be consistently useful.
Hear more. Get our shows every week automatically and free. Share them easily with colleagues and friends by using the icons on your app or media player.
Share: Know someone who'd enjoy this topic? Click on these links to share this episode with colleagues and friends.
* Let your network know on LinkedIn here.
* Send to Twitter here.
* Auto-share on your Facebook page here.
* Let someone know via email here.
©2019 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA & CIMA). All rights reserved.